Will Cinespace Chicago Film Studios make you more likely to take your production to Illinois?
Chicago invests in new Cinespace Film Studios to rival Hollywood
The Governor of Chicago has formally announced a USD5 million investment from the city in a new Cinespace Studios facility. Governor Pat Quinn’s announcement marked a celebration of the studio, which has already been used for a couple of big-budget productions.
Development will continue and the studios, which are built on the site of an old steel plant, will eventually offer 1.2 million square feet of floor space over nearly 50 acres. The intention is to turn it into the biggest studio facility in the US outside Hollywood.
Our film production industry is thriving, but the opening of Cinespace Chicago Film Studios launches a new era when it comes to attracting big-budget movies and TV series.
Betsy Sheinberg, Director, Illinois Film Office
Governor Quinn said: “Illinois is known for its excellent crew, iconic shooting locations and aggressive tax incentives. Now with new stage space available, we are the complete package – truly a world-class film destination.”
Betsy Steinberg, Director of the Illinois Film Office (IFO), said: “Illinois - and Chicago in particular - has played a lead role in some of TV and film’s most iconic settings. Our film production industry is thriving, but the opening of Cinespace Chicago Film Studios launches a new era when it comes to attracting big-budget movies and TV series.”
According to IFO figures, film industry spending in Illinois in 2010 reached USD161 million. The state offers a 30% tax incentive.
- Cinespace Chicago Film Studios gets first major feature film
- Cinespace Chicago Film Studios growth may be spurred by new tax incentive
- Cinespace Chicago Film Studios plans extensive back lot filming facility
- Cinespace Chicago Film Studios reveals expansion plan details in Illinois
- Chicago studios could deliver strong pilot season and commercial filming
- Lee Daniels to film hip-hop TV pilot Empire on location in Chicago
- Cinespace Film Studios negotiates to build new facility in Ottawa
- New TV pilots film on location in Chicago
Directory - United States of America (see more…)
Global Filming Incentive - United States of America (see more…)
- North Miami Film Incentive
- Miami-Dade County Production Incentive Programme
- Kansas City Rebate Incentive
- Virginia Motion Picture Tax Credit
- Wyoming: Film Industry Financial Incentive (FIFI) Program
- West Virginia Film Industry Investment Act
- Washington DC: Rebates
- The Washington Motion Picture Competitiveness Programme
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are 1 comments