Croatia prepares 20% filming tax rebate for December 2011 launch
December 2011 will see the launch of a 20% filming tax rebate in Croatia if the Croatian Audiovisual Centre has its way. If the launch goes ahead as planned, competition in Eastern Europe will reach new levels, with Croatia already establishing itself as a cheaper double for countries like Italy.
The Croatian Tax Rebate for Film and Television will focus on attracting feature films, documentaries and television dramas, with a EUR3 million cap per qualifying production. Foreign producers will need to work with a Croatian co-producer and satisfy a cultural test to be eligible for support.
In the past year Croatia has hosted commercial shoots for products including Lynx deodorant and Swiss home furnishings supplier Pfister.
The Croatian Audiovisual Centre said: "The benefit is based on the cost of Croatian cast and crew working in Croatia, as well as goods and services purchased in Croatia up to a maximum value of 80% of the overall budget spent in Croatia."
- Pfister doubles Croatia for southern Italy
- Game of Thrones comes to Croatia for location filming on second season
- Game of Thrones filming new season on location in Dalmatia region of Croatia
- Game of Thrones to focus on Spain filming rather than Croatia for new season
- EuropaCorp producers praise Croatia filming incentive as The Lake wraps
- BBC’s international crime series, McMafia, wraps filming after shoots in Croatia and London
- Malaysia prepares to launch 30% location filming incentive in 2012
- UK television tax credit drives massive increase in location filming spend
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are 1 comments