JJ Abrams TV show Revolution starts location filming work in North Carolina
New TV show Revolution, which involves Lost co-creator JJ Abrams, is starting work on location in Wilmington, North Carolina. North Carolina provided locations for The Hunger Games’ dystopian setting and Iron Man 3 is based at EUE/Screen Gems Studios.
Revolution is a dystopian drama set 15 years after all the Earth’s electrical power has failed, forcing society to adapt to a new world without modern technology. The plot demands locations that look like they’re being reclaimed by nature.
Filming for the show’s pilot actually took place in Atlanta, Georgia, where TV network NBC already has hit series Vampire Diaries is already based, but they decided to relocate Revolution to North Carolina for the full series. Speaking to Star News, Peter Roth, President of Warner Brothers Television, refers to unspecified “limitations” of filming Atlanta, but says the locations were the main appeal of Wilmington.
He observes: “There’s not a lot of difference between [Georgia and North Carolina]. They’re both very attractive states to shoot in ... Mostly it was about the locations. We’ve got long-term opportunities to create a different world more effectively [in Wilmington].”
Everyone is tripping over themselves excited about the potential of what Wilmington will offer for the show.
Eric Kripke, Series Creator
Eric Kripke is Series Creator and also spoke to the outlet: “Just in the episode 102 after the pilot alone, we found an entire abandoned train and train tracks all overgrown with vines. We found a cement factory that was the same. Everyone is tripping over themselves excited about the potential of what Wilmington will offer for the show.”
Plans are also being floated to develop a new film studio facility on the site of an old shopping centre in Charlotte to boost North Carolina’s national competitiveness.
- JJ Abrams TV series Revolution picks North Carolina as base camp
- Revolution show creator monitoring North Carolina location filming from LA
- TV drama Revolution leaves North Carolina for Texas filming locations
- Hallmark to film new TV movie on location in North Carolina
- Sleepy Hollow TV pilot films on location in North Carolina
- Stephen King TV pilot Under the Dome films on location in North Carolina
- Sleepy Hollow TV series to film supernatural mystery on location in North Carolina
- Young adult drama Paper Towns starts filming on location in North Carolina
Global Filming Incentive - United States of America (see more…)
- Kansas City Rebate Incentive
- Virginia Motion Picture Tax Credit
- Wyoming: Film Industry Financial Incentive (FIFI) Program
- West Virginia Film Industry Investment Act
- Washington DC: Rebates
- The Washington Motion Picture Competitiveness Programme
- Virginia: The Governor’s Motion Picture Opportunity Fund
- Vermont: no formal incentive in place.
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments