Elstree Studios secures loan for expansion in north-west London
Elstree Studios in north-west London has secured a GBP2 million loan to help fund an expansion plan. In recent years the facility has hosted Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and Oscar-winning feature The King’s Speech.
The loan, from a Local Enterprise Partnership fund in Hertfordshire, will fund land clearing around the existing studio site to make room for new film and TV facilities to be built. An additional GBP2.5 million is coming from the local council. Once the expansion is finished it’s expected to boost Elstree’s revenue by about GBP500,000 a year.
The additional production facilities will ensure that Elstree Studios remain one of the UK’s most popular studios for film and television production.
Roger Morris, Elstree Studios
Roger Morris is Managing Director of Elstree: “This is excellent news both for Hertsmere and Hertfordshire. The additional production facilities will ensure that Elstree Studios remain one of the UK’s most popular studios for film and television production.”
Demand for London studio space could grow in 2013 if, as is widely expected, the UK Government launches a TV tax credit.
- Elstree Studios in London consults industry over use for new back lot space
- BBC authorises expansion of EastEnders film set at Elstree Studios
- Scottish government announces £2m loan fund to help develop film studio
- Pinewood Studios to raise £30m to part fund London expansion plan
- Pinewood Studios submits plan for major expansion of London site
- Pinewood Studios to submit revised expansion plan in the autumn
- Pinewood Studios annual report reiterates need for expansion
- Period US drama pilot Knifeman films at West London Film Studios
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments