Downton Abbey likely to return for location filming in Bampton in Oxfordshire
Hit period drama series Downton Abbey is likely to return to Bampton in the UK for its new season this year. The historic Oxfordshire market town has featured as Downton village in previous seasons of the show.
Geron Swann is from Location Oxfordshire and spoke to the Oxford Mail: “We’ve had a massive increase in filming over the last couple of years mainly due to the city, county, university and Location Oxfordshire coming together to say to TV dramas, lifestyle programmes, documentary and blockbuster films that we know what you need and we'll go out of our way to make you welcome.
“And of course it is great for tourism as more and more people are visiting the city because of its link with film.”
As well as hosting Downton Abbey, Oxfordshire filming locations are popular for UK network television. Hammer’s Woman in Black follow-up The Quiet Ones also visited the county in mid-2012.
- Downton Abbey movie wraps filming
- Harry Potter and Downton Abbey help boost England film tourism for 2014
- Downton Abbey producers to film BBC crime drama miniseries in New Zealand
- National Trust properties in UK prepare for BBC Wolf Hall film tourism boost
- UK Chancellor confirms TV location filming tax credit for April 2013
- Northumberland in England holds forum to promote local filming locations
- Hammer follows Woman in Black with The Quiet Ones on location in Oxfordshire
- House of Cards to return for third season filming on location in Maryland
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments