Griffith Park most popular Los Angeles filming location in 2012
Griffith Park in northern Los Angeles was the most popular filming location in the city in 2012, figures from FilmLA reveal. The park spans more than 4,200 acres and the region known as the Bird Sanctuary generated more than 400 shoot days throughout the year.
Commissioned by the Los Angeles Times, the study shows that beach filming locations soared in popularity, possibly because of loosened regulations regarding the use of fireworks and sand-digging. Point Dume State Beach on Malibu’s coastline was next most popular after Griffith Park, hosting car commercials for the likes of Fiat, Dodge and Subaru.
Phil Sokoloski is with FilmLA and spoke to the oulet: “We continue to see a considerable amount of filming that happens on government-owned properties or facilities, from beaches and parks to public schools and libraries.
We continue to see a considerable amount of filming that happens on government-owned properties or facilities, from beaches and parks to public schools and libraries.
Phil Sokoloski, FilmLA
He added: “The list underscores the importance of having a good working relationship between the film industry and local government authorities.”
Los Angeles faces a real challenge for 2013 to reduce the number of ‘runaway’ productions that are relocating to other states offering more generous filming incentives. The city remains the number one choice for studio comedies but is having a hard time keeping TV dramas that rely more heavily on location shoots.
- Los Angeles lowers cost of Grand Park location filming
- Los Angeles most popular North America filming location for TV pilots
- Los Angeles promised City Hall film chief as TV pilot location filming falls
- Los Angeles film and television location filming surges in Q1 of 2013
- Los Angeles targets TV location filming boost by waiving permit fees
- Television location filming in Los Angeles surges in third quarter
- Drama TV pilots continue exodus from Los Angeles filming locations
- Leo Carrillo State Park in California celebrates 60 years as popular filming location
Directory - United States of America (see more…)
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments