Longmire TV show to film second season on location in New Mexico
New Mexico will benefit from longer-term location filming doubling for Wyoming when TV crime drama Longmire returns. Shooting for the show’s second season gets underway in the next few weeks in Santa Fe as long-term Albuquerque resident Breaking Bad comes to an end.
Nick Maniatis is Director of the New Mexico Film Office and spoke to Associated Press: “[Longmire] was a surprise hit for everyone involved. Because TV projects are here for a longer time, these are the types of projects that we’d like to keep in New Mexico for multiple seasons and we’re happy that this project is coming back to Santa Fe.
“I treat TV and films equally, but it’s a fact that TV shows are in a location longer.”
New Mexico’s state film fund was recently cut to an annual USD50 million, which has reduced its appeal for big-budget feature production. Breaking Bad has impacted on local film tourism as well as through direct production spending, so authorities are happy to continue hosting newer shows like Longmire.
- Crime drama Longmire shoots New Mexico as state expands filming incentives
- New Mexico ‘Breaking Bad bill’ would deliver higher television location filming incentive
- Breaking Bad TV show boosts film tourism shooting on location in New Mexico
- Better Call Saul season 2 begins filming in New Mexico
- Mayor of Santa Fe to push for new film commission
- New atomic bomb drama series Manhattan to film on location in New Mexico
- US drama Dig to recreate Jerusalem interiors filming on location in New Mexico
- Breaking Bad spinoff series Better Call Saul confirmed for New Mexico filming
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments