Breaking Bad inspires new film tourism campaign in Albuquerque
Acclaimed TV drama Breaking Bad has partly inspired a new film tourism drive in the city of Albuquerque in New Mexico. A new half-million-dollar online and billboard campaign will highlight recent productions that have filmed in the city.
A film tourism micro-site has been set up on the Albuquerque Convention & Visitors Bureau’s main website and over the next few months there will be a billboard campaign in cities across the western US, reports the Albuquerque Journal. The new micro-site has information about the city’s appeal and comments from filmmakers and actors.
Michael Silva co-owns ABQ Trolley Co, which runs the city’s “BaD” tour of filming locations from Breaking Bad. Speaking on the website he says: “The film industry in Albuquerque has had a major impact on our company. Often one of the first things tour participants often ask is ‘Are we going to see any Breaking Bad locations?’ We have had riders from around the world come to Albuquerque for this tour and to see where the show is filmed.”
A new half-million-dollar online and billboard campaign will highlight recent productions that have filmed in the city.
- Breaking Bad TV show boosts film tourism shooting on location in New Mexico
- Breaking Bad spinoff series Better Call Saul confirmed for New Mexico filming
- New Mexico ‘Breaking Bad bill’ would deliver higher television location filming incentive
- Breaking Bad creator reveals New Mexico filming incentives prompted location shift
- Disney supports New Mexico’s proposed ‘Breaking Bad’ TV filming incentive
- Breaking Bad star films Philadelphia as New York for Wall Street drama
- Breaking Bad prequel Better Call Saul films second series in New Mexico
- Breaking Bad producer to film TV ballet drama Flesh and Bone in New York
Directory - United States of America (see more…)
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments