Fast & Furious 7 to film stunt work on location on Colorado highway
Fast & Furious 7 will spend about three weeks filming second-unit stunt work on location in Colorado, having secured an incentive payment. Shooting will focus on the dramatic Pikes Peak Highway near Colorado Springs and the production will spend around USD13 million locally.
“It’s going to be pretty cool - it’s a huge franchise,” Colorado Film Commissioner Donald Zuckerman told the Denver Business Journal: “As part of our understanding, they’re going to provide us with footage at the appropriate time and we can use that footage to promote Colorado.”
Hallmark’s period miniseries When Calls the Heart recently pulled out of a planned Colorado shoot. The cancellation, while a blow for the state, freed up incentive funds that prompted Universal to extend the Colorado leg of the Fast & Furious shoot.
“People want to come here, but they’re not coming here without the money,” Zuckerman added.
Fast & Furious 7 will also be filming on location in Abu Dhabi, as the franchise builds on its reputation for exotic international shooting.
- Fast & Furious 7 to start filming visual effects and stunt work on location in Abu Dhabi
- Hallmark cancels Colorado TV shoot for Vancouver filming incentives
- Brazil locations scouted for fifth Fast and Furious film
- Fast & Furious 7 re-schedules Abu Dhabi location filming for April
- Fast & Furious franchise reaches out to fans for location filming ideas
- Fast & Furious 6 stunt location filming doubles Glasgow for London
- The next Fast and Furious film is eyeing Cuba as a filming location
- Fast & Furious 7 confirmed for location filming in Abu Dhabi
Directory - United States of America (see more…)
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments