BBC fantasy drama Atlantis starts filming second season on location in Wales
The BBC and Urban Myth Films have started shooting a new series of family fantasy drama Atlantis on location in south Wales. Filming is taking place at a retrofitted studio facility in Chepstow, east of Cardiff.
“It was a delight to see so many of the BBC One audience take Atlantis to its heart and we are thrilled to be returning with more adventures this year,” said Bethan Jones, Executive Producer for the BBC.
“The vision is as ambitious as ever and, building on the amazing sets in the Chepstow studios, the series will continue to deliver a visual treat for viewers along with a deeper insight to the characters that drive the drama.”
Added Series Co-Creators Johnny Capps and Julian Murphy: “It’s wonderful to have everyone back in the studio together as we prepare to take Atlantis to new places in series two.”
Producers selected a former supermarket storage building in Chepstow to host sets for the first series of Atlantis. Shortly after the show made its debut last year they planned to expand further into the facility to make room for additional sets. The drama also spent time filming on location in Morocco.
The vision is as ambitious as ever and, building on the amazing sets in the Chepstow studios, the series will continue to deliver a visual treat.
Bethan Jones, Executive Producer for the BBC
Chepstow lies just across the River Severn from Bristol. The BBC has a production hub at Roath Lock in nearby Cardiff, where flagship dramas such as Doctor Who are based.
Wales is a popular international filming location and US fantasy drama Da Vinci’s Demons films on location throughout the Swansea area, doubling the region for 15th Century Italy. Pinewood Studios recently announced plans to open a new facility in Cardiff, which is likely to further boost Wales’ international location filming appeal.
- BBC fantasy drama series Atlantis films on location in Morocco
- New BBC drama Atlantis sets up studio space near Chepstow in Wales
- Atlantis producers push to expand Wales studio for second series filming
- Fantasy drama Da Vinci’s Demons to film third season on location in Wales
- BBC starts filming new series of Doctor Who on location in Cardiff
- BBC returns to Morocco for season two filming of adventure series Atlantis
- Detective drama Hinterland praised for bringing EU filming funds to Wales
- Crime drama Hinterland filming on location in Aberystwyth in Wales
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments