Georgia film studios form infrastructure alliance to boost crew pool
Five studios in the US state of Georgia have come together to focus on training the regional film crew pool. The Georgia Studio & Infrastructure Alliance will also act as an advocacy group for local production. Georgia’s recent productions have included Selma and Ant-Man.
The alliance comprises Eagle Rock Studios Atlanta, Triple Horse Studios, EUE/Screen Gems Studios Atlanta, Tyler Perry Studios and Mailing Avenue Stageworks. Georgia’s Lt Gov Casey Cagle will work in partnership with the studios.
“It is important that we develop a film-ready workforce to meet the needs of the film productions that are advancing to Georgia,” said Cagle.
“This great partnership will not only serve as a powerful economic generator for our state but will create jobs for Georgians and new opportunities for a highly skilled workforce.”
The alliance plans to extend its membership to other production support services such as equipment hire companies and post-production houses.
Georgia has become one of the top production hubs in the US partly through its generous filming incentive, but a shortage of experienced crew has become an issue.
Marvel filmed Ant-Man in Atlanta and is set to return with Captain America: Civil War and Guardians of the Galaxy 2. David Oyelowo starred as Dr Martin Luther King Jr (above) in the true-life civil rights drama Selma, which spent more than USD 10 million filming on location in Georgia.
“The state’s competitive film incentive programme continues to encourage filmmakers to choose Georgia as the place to film, hiring local workers and prompting economic growth,” said Senator Chris Dodd, Chairman and CEO of the Motion Picture Association of America when the figures for Selma were first announced.
(Image: Atsushi Nishijima / Paramount Pictures / Pathe / Harpo Films)
- Eagle Rock Studios Atlanta gets official opening for Georgia filming
- Georgia reaffirms commitment to film crew training but needs experience boost
- Georgia’s Moon River Studios claims status as America’s biggest filming facility
- Marvel boss warns of Georgia crew shortage as filming incentive flourishes
- Veteran producer calls for Savannah to expand crew pool and film facilities
- VIP travel firm eyes stars by opening Atlanta office as Georgia filming appeal grows
- Georgia location filming surges past a billion dollars for first time
- Vacation movie reboot to film on location at Atlanta Film Studios in Georgia
Directory - United States of America (see more…)
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments