True-life Victorian drama Dark Angel to film in North Yorkshire
Victorian serial-killer drama Dark Angel will be filmed in North Yorkshire and County Durham in northern England from this August. Yorkshire has hosted several recent period dramas, including Northern Ireland drama ’71 and First World War memoir Testament Of Youth.
Cotton escaped suspicion for several years as Victorian society could not envisage a woman being capable of such crimes.
“Dark Angel is an extraordinary and chilling true story,” said Victoria Fea, Controller of Drama at ITV.
“We’re delighted to have an actress of Joanne Froggatt’s calibre in the lead role. The combination of a tautly written script, an outstanding cast and great producers in World Productions make this a really exciting addition to the ITV drama slate.”
In the past week ITV has also announced historical dramas Churchill’s Secret and Victoria – based on the early life of the legendary Queen – as well as new episodes of Second World War series Home Fires (above).
Screen Yorkshire announced last week that three former RAF hangars are to be converted into film and TV studio facilities in a bid to boost the region’s production appeal.
“The opening of Yorkshire Studios is a significant landmark for the UK film and TV industry,” said Sally Joynson, chief executive of Screen Yorkshire: “The Yorkshire Content Fund has enabled us to secure some incredible projects that have made great use of our existing portfolio of studio space.
“The lack of a larger-scale production facility, however, has prevented a number of major long-term film and TV productions from basing themselves here.
- BBC filming new series of police drama Happy Valley in Yorkshire
- Angelina Jolie Pitt to film true-life Khmer Rouge drama in Cambodia
- BBC builds Victorian set in London to film new drama Dickensian
- True life civil rights drama Loving to film on location in Virginia
- BBC Drama North to film four part detective drama In The Dark
- Period TV movie Harry Price: Ghost Hunter to film in London
- The Weinstein Company to film true-life sniper TV drama The Reaper
- Epic BBC drama Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell films in Yorkshire
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments