The Wasting filming on location in Upton
Upcoming indie horror film The Wasting has begun filming on location in the English town of Upton, specifically at Waterside House, The Old Hall, and Malt House.
People have given up their time to help us, let us use their cellars and basements to film in and even helped us with whatever materials have been needed to. Everyone's incredible.
Crowd-funded via the website Indiegogo, The Wasting tells the story of a young girl named Sophie who suffers from anorexia but is haunted by a ghost every time she falls asleep.
Upton was not the original filming location chosen for the film but due to complications the location was changed. Director Carolyn Saunders explains: “we did have a location lined up near here, but this place is perfect for it. It's a quiet town and that lends itself to the film even more. It's a classical English town, but it's also one of the most haunted too, reportedly. The river is beautiful here and we've managed to get some wonderful scenes and footage for the movie.”
She continues: “everyone here has been amazing, they really have. I don't think this would have happened anywhere else in the country. People have given up their time to help us, let us use their cellars and basements to film in and even helped us with whatever materials have been needed to. Everyone's incredible.”
The UK Film Tax Relief currently offers a 25% tax rebate for productions that incur a minimum 10% eligible spend within the UK.
While Upton isn’t particularly known as a filming location it does have a reputation for having supposedly haunted areas such as Upton Court, making it an ideal location for horror productions. By showcasing Upton as a filming location The Wasting will likely inspire other productions to considering shooting in the area.
- Anonymous Content and Kate Upton film Slovenia for Game of War campaign
- Daniel Radcliffe’s The Woman In Black takes in Northamptonshire filming location
- Horror sequel The Conjuring 2 wraps filming in Enfield
- Runnymede University Campus opens for filming
- December location filming in LA rises 37%
- British Columbia location filming threatened by returning sales tax
- California location filming incentive applications increase 20%
- Film London Portal will keep focus on location filming during 2012 Olympics
Directory - Upton (see more…)
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments