Cannes: Personal Shopper starring Kristen Stewart filmed in France, Czech Republic and Oman
Olivier Assayas’ film Personal Shopper, which is currently competing for the Palme d’Or at Cannes 2016 was filmed on location in Paris, Prague and Muscat. While being submitted as a French production, the film stars American Actress Kristen Stewart who was also cast in Assayas’ last film to be submitted to Cannes, Clouds of Sils Maria.
Personal Shopper tells the story of Maureen (Stewart), a young woman who moves to Paris after the death of her twin brother and is hired to oversee the wardrobe of a celebrity. All the while she is waiting for a sign from the afterlife to tell her what to do next.
Filming for the production took place on a global scale, moving between three major countries. During the time spent in Oman, the production was shot on location in the Muscat, Bahla and Nizwa provinces.
Located in the United Arab Emirates, it’s rare for a foreign production to seek out Oman as a filming location due to its lack of a film incentive programme. Abu Dhabi on the other-hand offers a 30% cash rebate for feature films, television shows as well as commercials productions.
Both France and the Czech Republic offer incentive programmes, with the latter providing a 20% rebate that’s capped at 80% of a production’s budget while the former offers a 30% rebate with a cap of EUR30 million per project.
- British Drama I, Daniel Blake scoops Palme d’Or at Cannes Film Festival 2016
- Cannes: Woody Allen’s Café Society filmed in New York and Los Angeles
- The cinematic potential of Oman
- Paul Rudd’s The Catcher Was a Spy now filming in Prague
- Twilight star Kristen Stewart films on location in Wales for Snow White and the Huntsman
- Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth film Wales for Snow White and the Huntsman
- Savannah’s local tax incentives attract Lizzie Borden biopic starring Chloë Sevigny
- Oman invites Bollywood filmmakers on location scouting trip
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments