Adam Sandler’s new Netflix comedy Sandy Wexler filming in Griffith Park
The latest instalment in a series of Netflix-exclusive films produced by Adam Sandler is now filming on location in Griffith Park, Los Angeles. Sandy Wexler is the third entry in a four film contract that Sandler’s production company, Happy Madison signed with Netflix in October 2014.
Scenes were also shot at the Griffith Observatory with over 100 members of the production, including extras, present during filming. As one of LA’s most popular and widely recognised landmarks, the Griffith Observatory can be seen in a number of productions including Agent Carter, NCIS: Los Angeles and Transformers.
Sandy Wexler is the first of Sandler’s Netflix films to be shot in LA. The Do-Over was shot in both Georgia and Puerto Rico, while The Ridiculous 6 was shot entirely in Santa Fe and played a part in justifying the city’s need for a dedicated film studio.
LA is one of America’s most sought after filming locations thanks to its highly competitive tax incentive. The state of California offers 20% in non-transferable tax credits for feature films with a minimum budget of USD1 million, with a 5% uplift available if extra requirements are met.
The tax credits can become transferable for independent films and in the case of relocating television shows, the base rate is bumped to 25%.
Recent feature films to have also shot in LA include Nicolas Winding Refn’s dark take on the world of modelling, The Neon Demon, and Shane Black’s buddy-comedy The Nice Guys, starring Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe.
Sandy Wexler is slated for a 2017 release date.
- Adam Sandler filming Netflix comedy Western The Ridiculous Six in New Mexico
- Griffith Park most popular Los Angeles filming location in 2012
- Adam Sandler and Guillermo del Toro boost Ontario location filming for 2014
- Patrick Stewart films new comedy series Blunt Talk in Los Angeles
- Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe filmed in Atlanta and Los Angeles for The Nice Guys
- California incentive contributes to 25% boost in LA location filming
- Netflix drama Ozark begins filming in Georgia
- Location filming fees in new LA park could drive ‘runaway productions’
Global Filming Incentive - United States (see more…)
- North Miami Film Incentive
- Miami-Dade County Production Incentive Programme
- Kansas City Rebate Incentive
- Virginia Motion Picture Tax Credit
- Wyoming: Film Industry Financial Incentive (FIFI) Program
- West Virginia Film Industry Investment Act
- Washington DC: Rebates
- The Washington Motion Picture Competitiveness Programme
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments