Death in Paradise swaps Guadeloupe for London in series six premiere
The BBC’s Death in Paradise will return this Thursday but with a new setting, foregoing the landscapes of Guadeloupe for London in a new two-part series premiere. During production, filming took place at the Bleeding Heart Bistro in Camden and on Aquinas Street in Lambeth.
Karen Everett, Director of FilmFixer explains: “being in London we are used to a murder mystery or two – and it’s been a delight to know that even Death in Paradise couldn’t keep away forever. Given that we turn to the show for a splash of sunshine, I’m glad they shot during our summer – so these episodes won’t come as any kind of a chilly shock – aside from the murders themselves of course.”
Typically shot on the Caribbean island of Guadeloupe, Death in Paradise is a British-French co-production that has become one of the most popular shows on the BBC’s programming schedule. An average of 8.76 million people tuned in to watch the last series.
Starring Kris Marshall and Sally Bretton, the show depicts a British dectective who is sent to the fictional island of Saint Marie to investigate a murder, before being brought on full time as the local Detective Inspector.
High-end television shows can enjoy a 25% tax rebate when filming in the UK. Eligibility for the incentive is made available when a minimum spend of GBP1 million per broadcast hour is met.
Over the Christmas holiday, the BBC aired an adaptation of Agatha Christie’s The Witness for the Prosecution. The two-part special doubled Liverpool for London, with the former being a more preferable location for period projects.
The series six premiere of Death in Paradise will air this Thursday, 9pm on BBC One.
- BBC sci-fi drama, SS-GB, premiered first two episodes at Berlinale
- BBC’s Sherlock back in London for season four premiere
- Doctor Who returned to Bristol for series 10 shoot
- Success of new BBC Sherlock series could boost London film tourism
- Elementary brings television location filming to Trafalgar Square in London
- Jane Austen pastiche Death Comes to Pemberley films on location in York
- ITV series, The Widow, to film globally in late 2018
- Black Panther mini-series, Guerrilla, staged riots on the streets of London
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments