Nicocorp films Parisian landmarks for LU commercial
A new commercial for LU biscuits features a number of Parisian landmarks including the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe. Serviced by Nicocorp, the spot was largely filmed at two locations: a bakery in the fourteenth district of Paris and a local apartment which was used to double for one in China.
In detailing the shoot, Nicocorp Executive Producer, Nicolas Bétrancourt explains: “everything was filmed in Paris over two days, one was spent shooting the bakery and rolling scenes and the other for the apartment scene. The challenge was to find two flats close to each other, one for the Chinese scene and another for the Parisian one.”
While France’s film incentive programme is prohibited for commercials productions, the country is still a highly popular place for filming. The iconic areas of Paris make it an instantly recognisable on-screen location.
Film and television projects hoping to earn the 30% rebate must incur a minimum spend of EUR250,000 of 50% of the overall budget in the country.
A similar on-the-street style of filming can also be found in Flatpack Films’ new spot for Hyundai’s Genesis G80. The commercial uses locations throughout Budapest to convey a stylised theme in accordance with the car.
Production: Eagle Media Shanghai
Producer: Edmond Tao & Iris Chan
DOP: Fabien Faure
Agency: Fred&Farid China
Tv Producer: Karim Naceur
Production services: Nicocorp
Producer: Nicolas Bétrancourt
- Thomas Thomas Films shoots global locations for Blackberry commercial
- PPI China and actress Sophie Marceau film the streets of Paris for Citroen
- MADAM descends upon London landmarks for upcoming German commercial
- Scorsese’s Hugo builds a Parisian train station and films at London’s V&A
- Jacaranda Films shoots worldwide party in Chile for Tuborg commercial
- Hungary stands in for Europe in Strawberry Films’ Telekom commercial
- Jacaranda Films shoots Santiago City in Yves Saint Laurent commercial
- Green Olive Films used 80 camera rig for Thomson commercial in Crete
Global Filming Incentive - France (see more…)
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments