Stan Lee’s Lucky Man returned to London for season 2 filming
Production on the second season of Stan Lee’s Lucky Man travelled to a wealth of different locations throughout the UK capital. FilmFixer was on hand to handle the on location shoots in Islington, Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, Haringey and Camden.
FilmFixer Director, Andrew Pavord states: “London looks fantastic as a Stan Lee super hero backdrop – even better than in the first series. It’s been a delight to help out with this brilliant set of locations.”
The shoot took place between June and November of last year, with Southwark’s Mondrian Hotel doubling as a penthouse and a casino. While the exterior of the Mondrian is featured, the check-in desk was swapped for the interior of the nearby Blue Fin building.
The Blue Fin building, which is also in Southwark, was filmed again for its rooftop bar and its capacity to double as a hospital.
Praising the show’s return, Co-Creator Stan Lee adds: “what a thrill it is that Lucky Man’s coming back for another sensational season! It’s going to be a terrific new ride with Harry and the gang, where fortune smiles on those who catch my king sized cameo in season two!”
Islington’s Dingley Place featured in a memorable scene in Lucky Man’s first season. This time around, scenes were shot on Crinan street. For the Lambeth portion of the shoot, the project filmed at Festival Pier and Albert Embankment.
High-end television shows that film in the UK can access a 25% tax rebate when a minimum of GBP1 million is spent per broadcast hour. Recent shows to have accessed the rebate include SS-GB and Apple Tree Yard.
The second season of Stan Lee’s Lucky Man premieres tonight at 9pm on Sky 1.
- Black Mirror doubled London for California on season three shoot
- ITV’s Prime Suspect 1973 filmed in an abandoned London mortuary
- BBC’s Sherlock back in London for season four premiere
- The Sense of an Ending film adaptation shot extensively in South London
- Streaming service Stan to shoot first original feature film, The Second, in Queensland
- Better Call Saul season 2 begins filming in New Mexico
- Bruce Lee biopic Birth of the Dragon has begun filming in San Francisco
- BBC drama Gunpowder starring Kit Harington now filming in Yorkshire
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments