BBC Four biopic for Morecambe and Wise scriptwriter to shoot in Bristol
An hour-long biopic about Eddie Braben, the scriptwriter behind comedy duo Morecambe and Wise, will film on location in Bristol and at The Bottle Yard Studios. Principal photography for Eric, Ernie and Me will occur over a two-week period at locations including Colston Hall (pictured), Thingwall Park and the Wills Building.
The production will also take residence at Studio 6 in The Bottle Yard, utilising up to 8,000 sq. ft. of space in the process.
Producer Alison Sterling explains: "the presence of The Bottle Yard as a filming resource in Bristol has been an enormous boon to the local film industry. There is a thriving network of really high-quality crew in the region which is helping us in the making of Eric Ernie and Me. Nearly all our crew and equipment are based in the Bristol region and we are delighted also to be able to use locations in the communities of Filwood, Brislington and St Anne’s. All the local residents have been exceptionally welcoming.”
Natalie Moore of the Bristol Film Office adds: “what could be more intriguing than a look at the relationship behind the success of the nation’s favourite double act? We’ve helped line up a variety of locations for this shoot and it’s fantastic to see the many sides of Bristol, from residential Knowle West to the iconic Colston Hall, portraying a 60’s and 70’s period British setting for a story about one of the most popular comedy duos of all time.”
The special is being produced by Objective Fiction, with Executive Producers Ben Farrell and Toby Stevens.
Bristol boasts one of the UK’s liveliest production hubs outside of London. The county recently hosted filming on the upcoming season of BBC’s Poldark.
High-end television programmes that spend at least GBP1 million per broadcast hour within the UK can receive a 25% tax rebate. The incentive is also available to feature films but with a lower ask of only 10% of an overall budget.
A variety of film offices from around the UK will be attending FOCUS - the meeting place for international production in December. Click here to register your attendance.
- BBC films TV drama Frankie at Bristol’s Bottle Yard production facility
- BBC comedy Ill Behaviour filmed for four months in Bristol
- BBC period drama Wolf Hall starts filming at Bottle Yard Studios in Bristol
- BBC films JK Rowling novel The Casual Vacancy on location in Bristol
- BBC’s New Year’s Day Sherlock special filmed in Bristol and The Bottle Yard Studios
- Channel 4 comedy series The Mimic films on location in Bristol
- TV series Galavant filming second season at Bristol’s Bottle Yard Studios
- BBC films Sherlock in Bristol with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments