Balance Productions brings new Mengniu commercial to New Zealand
Balance Productions, a Beijing-based production company has shot its latest commercial for Mengniu on location in New Zealand. The New Zealand Film Connection acted as Line Producers for the shoot, marking the third time that they provided production services for a Telunsu TVC.
Treza Gallogly, Executive Producer for The New Zealand Film Connection explains: “there were only two weeks between the confirmation of the job and the first shoot date. We were scouting for more locations than the previous shoots – all of which had to be different. This time two famous actors (and their entourages, 30 in total) were coming to New Zealand for the shoot – requiring urgent visas and production support. Specialist equipment was required, body and riding doubles were cast, cows, horses and dragonflies were sought and the best team were brought together to work on the project at very short notice.”
Gallogly adds: “stunning locations were chosen, all within three hours’ drive of the crew base at Queenstown. Paradise Valley and the Catlins provided the lush pasturelands, and breath-taking scenery at Roy’s Peak, Greenstone Bridge, Skippers Canyon and Parakanui Waterfall gave way to the story of the ‘seasoned’ and ‘new’ actors’ journeys to find the Telunsu Pasturelands.”
Overview New Zealand provided drone services for the spot, utilising the DJI Inspire 2 with an X5S camera and a Freefly Systems Movi XL, while a Flowcine Black Arm was attached to a tracking buggy for the horse sequence. The project was shot over a period of four days.
While the programme doesn’t extend to commercial productions, New Zealand does provide a 20% cash grant to eligible productions that meet a required minimum spend. An additional 5% is available if a project is deemed to have a significant economic impact on the country.
Director: Stuart Douglas of Nice Shirt Productions, London
Production Company: Balance Productions
Production Service Company: New Zealand Film Connection
- Wide appetite for New Zealand as global double
- Royle Productions shoot South London for Age UK commercial
- MAP Productions tries out latest GoPro camera with epic New Zealand filming
- New Zealand co-productions rise for 2014 as Wellington remains film centre
- Peter Jackson considers NZ balance between international filming and local stories
- New Zealand Government pledges four-year financial support for productions
- Guinness brings the world to life
- Trigger Happy and LS Productions film on Isle of Skye for KAYAK commercial
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments