Keystone Films explores Dubai in latest commercial for LG
In the latest commercial for LG’s new OLED TV, Keystone Films found an accessible desert location on the outskirts of Dubai. With Central Films offering production services, the commercial filmed just an hour away from Dubai’s city centre.
Producer at Central Films, Karen Coetzee explains: “we were able to choose a ‘360 degree view’ desert location that had rolling dunes into the far distances. The dunes were big enough to cast hard shadows for a lot of the day, not only at sunrise and sunset like smaller ones. Building sections of 90 degree circular track is a challenge in the soft and uneven desert sand, especially when it has to run absolutely precisely in order to match the shots for post-production.”
Keystone Films originally made contact with service companies in three separate countries during the search for a desert location. Dubai’s desert was chosen for its ease of access not only in terms of transportation but also in having readily available local crew.
Central Films’ recent work includes a commercial for Hyundai, which used the city to depict several different location types.
While no formal incentive programmes as in place, Dubai does boast a highly trained pool of local production crew who have experience in working on feature films as well as commercials.
Project : LG OLED TV
Director : Kyuha Kim
DoP : Pascal Walder
Producer : Yoon Seok Nam , Keystone Films
Dubai Producer : Karen Coetzee, Central Films
- Toyota film latest spot on location in Dubai
- Hyundai uses Dubai’s location variety for latest SUV and Sedan commercials
- Independent Films shoots Budapest’s nightlife for E.ON’s latest commercial
- Mission: Impossible 4 prepares for location shoots in Prague and Dubai
- Bang Bang Films shoots jaw-dropping stunts in South Africa for QNB commercial
- Shah Rukh Khan films Happy New Year feature on location in Dubai
- Dubai plans new film commission and location filming incentives
- Flatpack Films shoots stylish commercial for Genesis G80 on the streets of Budapest
Global Filming Incentive - United Arab Emirates (see more…)
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments