Ridley Scott directs first advertisement in 15 years in collaboration with Hennessy
The Hollywood heavyweight has directed a series of spots titled Hennessy X.O. – Experience Worlds of Greatness that will be released in seven episodes due for official release in 2019. The campaign is produced through Scott’s production company RSA which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year.
Scott cut his teeth in filmmaking as a director of commercial advertisements but went on to find global success directing feature films such as Blade Runner, Alien, Gladiator and The Martian. Now, the Oscar winning director will return to his roots with a seven-episode campaign that will explore each note of Hennessy X.O.’s iconic taste in a series of visual taste-scapes.
Each chapter has a tantalising title taking inspiration from the liquor's seven notes. Scott constructed a surreal journey through seven ‘worlds’ themed around the titles of ‘Rising Heat’, ‘Spicy Edge’, ‘Flowering Flame’, ‘Chocolate Lull’, ‘Wood Crunches’ and ‘Infinite Echo’, for the full campaign film.
Scott explained why the project convinced him to re-enter the advertising world saying “I’ve always been thinking if something special comes along I would do it. This is special, its more than advertising, its a form of entertainment. I think advertising has realised that after 30 years it must shift back to entertainment and stop treating their consumers like demographics. This is pure art that we are doing. That’s what attracted me”
The project allowed Scott the creative scope to fully exploit his filmmaking prowess and the project is expected to adhere to his traditionally subversive style. The Global CMO for Hennessy noted that supporting Scott’s creative process was a priority for the campaign because “luxury appeal is about emotion, it’s about building a dream. Who better than a world-creator like Ridley Scott for Hennessy X.O., the iconic flagship of our range, the Original X.O? His mastery and imagination are unsurpassed, he will capture our audience’s hearts and minds”.
The project is currently in post-production, but audiences will have to wait until 2019 to see what magic Scott has in store. A series of seven 3D ads have been produced by Berlin-based Foam Studios and will be released this autumn as a precursor to the full campaign film’s debut in 2019.
- Ridley Scott to exec produce American Civil War series filming in Virginia
- Ridley Scott production Child 44 gets location filming incentive in Prague
- Ridley Scott starts alien feature Prometheus at Pinewood Studios and Iron Lady wraps
- Ridley Scott films biblical epic Exodus Gods and Kings in the UK and Spain
- Jordan targets stronger filming incentives as Ridley Scott’s The Martian approaches
- Ridley Scott and Matt Damon film The Martian on location near Budapest
- Tom Hardy and Ridley Scott to film period TV drama Taboo in the UK for BBC
- Ridley Scott films Moses epic Exodus on location in Spain with Christian Bale
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments