A new sound stage has been officially opened at Pinewood Studios near London. The Richard Attenborough Stage offers 30,000 square feet of floor space for both TV and film production. It’s now Pinewood’s second biggest stage and has increased the studio’s capacity by 7%.
Ivan Dunleavy is Chief Executive of Pinewood Shepperton Studios: “This new stage helps demonstrate Pinewood’s ongoing commitment to improving its infrastructure, and offering both film and television clients the most up to date, flexible and secure facilities possible.
“The new stage sends a signal that we are serious about growing and innovating to keep pace in an increasingly competitive, global market.”
Pinewood’s new facility is a revolutionary stage with cutting-edge technology. Its lighting and access are a credit to the design.
Malcolm Roberts, Construction Co-Ordinator on Les Misérables
Malcolm Roberts is Construction Co-Ordinator on Les Misérables, which has already used the new stage between location shoots in places including Portsmouth and Winchester: “Pinewood’s new facility is a revolutionary stage with cutting-edge technology. Its lighting and access are a credit to the design.”
The stage is named after the legendary British actor and filmmaker Richard Attenborough who has been involved with nearly 40 films at Pinewood and Shepperton over his long career.
- Pinewood Studios starts work on new filming stage at London facility
- Pinewood Studios plans extra stage at London facility
- Pinewood Studios to consult on future plans
- Pinewood Shepperton Studios announces increased revenue for 2012
- Atlanta Film Studios opens for business on location in Georgia
- Pinewood Studios submits plan for major expansion of London site