Work has started on a new studio facility in Devens, Massachusetts. Four 18,000-foot sound stages are planned for the first phase of development, scheduled for a summer 2013 opening. The facility could attract more productions of the calibre of Massachusetts-filmed The Fighter.
Chris Byers is Director of Studio Operations: “This is going to be a world-class facility to help make Massachusetts a filming destination. It will also be an economic engine for Massachusetts.”
This is going to be a world-class facility to help make Massachusetts a filming destination.
Chris Byers, Director of Studio Operations
Massachusetts has had a strong couple of years in film production hosting high-profile features like The Social Network and The Town, in addition to The Fighter. Alongside its 25% tax credit, having a new studio facility could help the state raise its national profile.
- New England Studios warns against filming incentive cap for Massachusetts
- New studio facility planned for Massachusetts could boost local location filming
- New film studio proposed for development in Massachusetts
- Massachusetts plans full-time filming industry with New England Studios
- Massachusetts location filming promoted in wake of The Social Network
- MPAA report: Location filming incentives a big hit for Massachusetts