An LA Locations Map has been put together to promote new film People Like Us. Writer/Director Alex Kurtzman is best known for his writing credits on Star Trek, Transformers and Cowboys & Aliens, but his first film as director is low-budget and was filmed entirely in Los Angeles.
The Locations Map on the film’s Facebook page shows the specific filming locations for People Like Us. The movie tells an intimate story and focuses on Los Angeles locations barely known to anyone outside the local neighbourhoods, the LA Times reports.
I think of LA as the fifth character in the movie. I really feel that as someone who was born and raised in LA we rarely see my LA in film.
Alex Kurtzman, Writer/Director
Kurtzman tells the outlet: “I think of LA as the fifth character in the movie. I really feel that as someone who was born and raised in LA we rarely see my LA in film. It’s [usually] a very glossified, non-native version, an uber-Hollywood interpretation of what LA is supposed to look like.”
People Like Us was filmed over 40 days with a production budget of USD16 million. Los Angeles and California in general are losing their appeal as US filming locations because other parts of the country are offering better incentive deals. The majority of US TV drama pilots are now filmed outside California.
- Angelina Jolie plans directorial debut in Eastern Europe
- Drama TV pilots continue exodus from Los Angeles filming locations
- James Franco brings William Faulkner directorial project to Mississippi
- Transformers 4 to film partly on location in China with co-operation agreement
- Interview: Transformers and Inception Location Manager
- In & Out creates Megan Fox island paradise on location in California