Winners of the Young Directors Award 2012 have been announced at a special event at the Cannes Lions festival. The competition is run by the CFP-E (Commercial Film Producers of Europe) and Shots.
Among the awards was best Music Video Europe that went to Raveyards: Remember, directed by Charles De Meyer for Monodot in Belgium. Best non-European Test Commercial went to Capture the Wind, directed by Corydon Wagner for The Chapter Media in the US, while best European Test Commercial went to Talk Before It’s Too Late, directed by Daniel Kragh-Jacobsen for Bubbles Film in Germany.
The award for non-European Short Film was shared by Ballad of Hanger One, directed by Maria-Ines Manchego for The Colony in the US, and Carly’s Cafe, directed by Miles Jay for OPC in Canada. The European award was won by TEDxSummit, directed by Korner Union for Big Productions in France.
Young Directors Award showcases new talent across the world and is open to anyone, regardless of whether they have formal filmmaking training.
For the full list of winners click here.
- Young Directors Award works on shortlist
- Young Director Award officially opens 2013 competition for entries
- Young Director Award prepares to launch 2013 competition
- BBH wins Grand Prix prize at Cannes Lions 2012 and YDA announces shortlist
- Young Director Award extends submissions deadline
- Young Director Award 2012 opens for entries