Oscar-winning filmmaker Alexander Payne will be filming on location in Nebraska for his new feature, which at the moment is named after the state. Nebraska is in the central US and Omaha-born Payne could help raise the state’s filmmaking profile.
Laurie Richards is Nebraska Film Officer: “For this project Alexander is particularly interested in rural towns that have kept their historic identity. We have many towns that fit his location descriptions; it’s a challenge to find everything in a 60-mile radius or what we call ‘zone of production’.”
Payne won a screenwriting Oscar in 2012 for The Descendants, which he filmed on location in Hawaii with George Clooney. He chose the lesser-known Hawaiian island of Kaua’i for the shoot, but filming in the region still made the project his most expensive film to date.
- Alexander Payne films new Nebraska feature on location in Montana
- Quieter Hawaii locations satisfy Payne and George Clooney on The Descendants
- Filming in the State of Nebraska with Location Scout Jamie Vesay
- BBC chooses Budapest filming locations for The Lady Vanishes shoot
- Atlantic Pictures chooses Texas filming locations for Defiance alien invasion
- Hunger Games sequel chooses Georgia over North Carolina filming locations