Glasgow will host second-unit filming on the next in the Fast & Furious franchise in late August and early September 2012. The City Council confirmed the unit will be filming nights for the project – tentatively titled Fast 6 – and shooting will take place on Cadogan Street and Broomielaw.
Councillor Gordon Matheson is Leader of Glasgow City Council: “We are very pleased to once again see a major film production in Glasgow. It is great to see the city attracting another movie of this size so soon after our marvellous success in 2011.
It is great to see the city attracting another movie of this size so soon after our marvellous success in 2011.
Gordon Matheson, Glasgow City Council
“I would like to pay tribute to the contribution of our Glasgow Film Office in bringing the production here. We look forward to seeing the Fast 6 shoots here and giving them a great Glasgow welcome.”
Glasgow had a strong 2011, doubling for San Francisco and Philadelphia in separate shoots for Cloud Atlas and zombie drama World War Z. The latter was a particularly high-profile shoot that brought zombie hordes to the city for nearly 20 days and spent almost GBP3.5 million locally.
(Main page image courtesy of Glasgow Scotland with Style)
- World War Z and Cloud Atlas location filming deliver millions for Glasgow in 2011
- Brad Pitt and Marc Forster to double Glasgow for Philadelphia in World War Z
- Cloud Atlas films with Halle Berry on location as Glasgow doubles San Francisco
- Pirates 4 and Fast Five shoot on location in Puerto Rico
- Glasgow doubles for San Francisco and London in epic Cloud Atlas shoot
- Filming in Glasgow with Hamish Walker