The Film London Production Finance Market (PFM) has announced a partnership with the Indian film industry. Film London will pick an independent European producer to head to Goa for the regional Film Bazaar training programme.
The PFM is working with PRIMEXCHANGE, a co-production workshop that fosters collaboration between Indian and European producers throughout the production process. It’s aimed at producers working on feature dramas where the filming locations or subject matter may be viable for Indian audiences.
Adrian Wootton is Chief Executive of Film London: “Building on Film London’s long-running relationship with the Indian film industry, this partnership sees the PFM making formal links with India for the first time.
Building on Film London’s long-running relationship with the Indian film industry, this partnership sees the PFM making formal links with India for the first time.
Adrian Wootton, Film London
“Through working with PRIMEXCHANGE we are further building our network across the globe. The Film Bazaar is a great opportunity which we are a delighted to be offering a successful PFM producer.”
Countries across the globe are queuing up to form co-production agreements with India and benefit from the world’s largest single filming industry. Bollywood has been particularly active in Europe in recent years as Indian filmmakers seek new and exotic locations to showcase for domestic audiences.
(Main page image: Humayunn Peerzaada. Camera crane image: Goa Film Services – www.goafilms.com)
- BFI Fund Director to address Film London Production Finance Market
- Filme Rio – Rio Film Commission partners with Film London Production Finance Market
- Film London announces grants to boost cultural film initiatives
- Ile de France Film Commission renews filming partnership with Film London
- Special India events target film tourism and international filming boosts
- Film Rio-Rio Film Commission and Ile de France Film Commission form partnership