A Location Scout has caught a rare fire tornado on camera while working on location in central Australia. Chris Tangey is with Alice Springs Film and Television in Australia’s Northern Territory and his film has attracted attention around the world.
Chris spoke to Northern Territory News: “It sounded like a jet fighter going by, yet there wasn’t a breath of wind where we were.”
He stumbled across the phenomenon when a bushfire was caught by a swirling twister, causing flames to spiral high up into the air.
- Filming in the Australian outback
- Australian studio considers future as Mad Max films on location in Namibia
- New TV show Chicago Fire makes use of city locations filming in Illinois
- Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire begins Hawaii location filming
- Australian film industry to reach out to US market in week-long Ausfilm event
- Formula One films Great Ocean Road for Australian Grand Prix promotion