Slovenia in central Europe is being used as a Bollywood filming location for the first time. Filmmaker VV Vinayak has brought his Telugu-language feature film Nayak to three of the country’s most eye-catching locales.
The Postojna Caves in western Slovenia, the alpine resort town of Bled in the north-west near the Austrian border and Piran, an historic medieval town on the Adriatic coast, will all feature in the film, reports Indian news service IANS.
Masa Puklavec is with the Slovenian Tourism Board and spoke to the outlet: “Wherever you travel in Slovenia, its nature is utterly imposing. Wherever you turn, everything is green. Wherever you go, a rapidly changing landscape presents enormous opportunities for filming.”
Bollywood producers are constantly on the look-out for new locations with which to wow their audiences. Ireland, Poland and Norway have all been visited by Indian productions in the last year or so.
- Bollywood movie films on location in Oman with star Harman Baweja
- Bollywood moviemaking visits to UK drive Mumbai film tourism
- Major Bollywood film on early life of Jesus to shoot in Holy Land
- Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios reaches out to Bollywood filming industry
- Two new Bollywood movies to film on location in London in 2013
- Park Pictures recreates 1930s Europe for Audi on location in Slovenia