Hit zombie TV drama The Walking Dead is filming on location this week in the city of Grantville in southern Georgia. Despite officially being a city, Grantville is home to only around 2,500 people. The show is filming both interiors and exteriors.
Jim Sells is Mayor of Grantville and spoke to local paper the Times-Herald: “Our hope is that this brings more attention to our charming downtown historic area and we wind up with future filming. The city is doing everything we can to accommodate them and make it as efficient as possible.”
(Main page image: Gene Page/AMC)
- Georgia location filming boost likely with The Walking Dead renewal
- The Walking Dead spinoff series could film on location in California
- Filming for Walking Dead zombie spinoff doubles Vancouver for Los Angeles
- Georgia plans regional location filming boost with Atlanta Film Office
- Georgia location filming surges past a billion dollars for first time