Filming took place throughout Shanghai over a hectic four days. The city in eastern China is very spread out, which made it a challenge to cover all the different locations on a tight schedule, especially in heavy traffic during China’s rainy season.
Shanghai is a modern, cosmopolitan and thriving metropolis of a city, but it also retains its heritage in parts as well.
Claire Davidson, Executive Producer
Claire Davidson was Executive Producer for The Sweet Shop: “Shanghai is a modern, cosmopolitan and thriving metropolis of a city, but it also retains its heritage in parts as well. The locations we chose were a combined mixture of both, focusing more on the contemporary side in line with the concept of the TVC.”
She adds: “In general not a lot of changes were made to each location. Our art department came in and added some set dressing to each, but generally the locations were barely touched.”
Selected members of the production team flew in from outside China. The Director of Photography came from Germany, while the Gaffer and 1st AD flew from Hong Kong and a few other department heads came from Taiwan. The rest of the crew came from mainland China.
Agency: DDB Guoan, Beijing
Executive Creative Directors: Greg Bray and Stephen Mui
Producer: Maricel Ticar Santos
Production Company: The Sweet Shop
Executive Producer: Claire Davidson
Production Service Company: Black + Cameron, Shanghai
Director of Photography: Antonio Paladino
Director: Steve Ayson
- Claire Davidson leading The Sweet Shop’s new production office in Bangkok
- MJZ doubles California for Alaska filming new Volkswagen Beetle spot
- Sam Mendes’ James Bond feature Skyfall films on location in Shanghai
- NZ Lotteries shoots on location in New Zealand and India for epic new ad
- Cadbury films dancing monks on location in China for new commercial
- Jamiroquai films new music videos in Spain’s Almeria Desert