Bath in western England has doubled for Paris in Tom Hooper’s new feature adaptation of musical classic Les Miserables. Filming has taken place across southern England and also on the new Richard Attenborough stage at Pinewood Studios.
Pat Karam is the production’s Location Manager and spoke to This Is Bath: “Having discovered the fantastically cinematic weir at Putleney Bridge we approached Bath Film Office at what would be considered extremely short notice to shoot this very logistically complicated scene.
“We are immensely grateful that they responded so positively and that so many other Council departments put permissions together at very short notice. As a result everything went incredibly smoothly. Bath is a fantastic city to film in.”
The Bath Film Office was approached only a week before the shoot, the outlet reports, but the office liaised with four different city council departments to ensure everything ran smoothly.
(Stills images courtesy of cityofbath.co.uk)
- Channel 4 films on location in Bath for TV miniseries The Fear
- Winchester in UK doubles for period Paris in Les Misérables
- Film London reveals details of high-profile features filming English capital
- King’s Speech’s Tom Hooper films Captain Morgan pirate ads on location in Spain
- Hampshire attracts Les Miserables and World War Z for productive 2012
- Tom Hooper films epic Guinness ad on location near Budapest