The Uruguay Film Office will join the Board of Directors at the Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI) in 2013 and 2014. Uruguay’s membership was initiated by the Latin American Film Commission’s Network (LAFCN) and it becomes the first Latin American member.
The AFCI has a presence on six continents and is the official organisation for film commissioners around the world. Uruguay’s involvement with the Board of Directors will help cement the AFCI’s global remit, while also helping the LAFCN to increase Latin America’s international visibility.
I extend a sincere appreciation to all members for their continued dedication to the film industry and look forward to working with Lucila Bortagaray [of the Uruguay Film Office] to further AFCI’s global initiatives.
Kevin Clark, AFCI Executive Director
Kevin Clark is Executive Director of the AFCI: “The impact of our organisation is driven by the vitality and diversity of its membership. I extend a sincere appreciation to all members for their continued dedication to the film industry and look forward to working with Lucila Bortagaray [of the Uruguay Film Office] to further AFCI’s global initiatives.”
Other Board members elected for 2013 include Walea Constantinau of the Honolulu Film Office in Hawaii, Kevin Jennings of Film Otago Southland in New Zealand, George David of Royal Film Commission Jordan and Mikael Svensson of Oresund Film Commission.
- George David is President of Association of Film Commissioners International
- Filming Uruguay with Lucila Bortagaray of the Uruguay Film Commission
- AFCI to run seminar at Berlinale on co-operative film production
- Nomad Films joins with Eallin Motion Arts to open Prague office
- TLG talks to AFCI caretaker manager Martin Cuff about his appointment and plans
- TLG and AFCI offer a Lounge as a production resource at the Cannes Film Festival