Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

Forums Pre-Production Forum Fixer Needed for tv series about notorious Juvenile Prisons around the world!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  David Bishop 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • Schuttelaar
    Participant

Hello!

My name is Florence Schuttelaar and i’m working for a Dutch television production company “No Pictures Please”. Within this company we are working on a tv series about Youth Detention Centers. In addition, we want to visit various juvenile prisons around the world that are notorious. We want all the (8) prisons to be notorious for different reasons. So one juvenile prison that is notorious for overcrowding and poor health conditions, one for fighting by gangs, one for corrupt or violent prison staff, one for escapes and riots etc. In addition we want to film one notorious juvenile prison for girls. And we are also looking for a prison where there is a juvenile prisoner with a very special case, such as a school shooter or a juvenile serial killer. At te moment we are interested in juvenile detention centers in the USA, but we want to film in 8 different countries.

We are looking for a fixer that knows a notorious juvenile prison (or more) and can fix that we can film in that juvenile prisons, that can fix that we can speak to the detainees and who can provide transport, permits also from the ministry etc.

We look forward to hear from you and want to thank you in advance,

Stoyan Galabov
    Participant

Hello Florence,

My name is Stoyan Galabov, from Film FIxers Balkans.

We cover the whole Balkan region:

Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Greece, Turkey, Macedonia, Montenegro, Albania, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Bosnia&Herzigovina.

I think we can help you, but do you mind to continue on our e-mail:

info@filmfixersbalkans.com

or on my cell phone – 00359899165823. I am also on Viber and What’s app.

We can use Skype – filmfixersbalkans

Eugene Zykov
    Participant

Hi Florence,

We cover the whole ex-USSR region: Russia in Eurasia; Belarus, Moldova and possibly Ukraine in Eastern Europe; Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania among Baltic states; Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan and possibly Turkmenistan in Central Asia; as well as Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Abkhasia, Ossetia etc. in Transcaucasia.

I am sure we can help you: the first thing I can say is that one of my friends set up a theatre for teenage delinquents in Moscow and for six years has been showing classic plays of Shakespare, Dostoyevsky etc. as well as modern musicals. He told me a lot of eye-opening stories. Feel free to contact me for more information.
    Best regards, Eugene Zykov, Producer, Founder / Russian Film Commission ez@russianfilm.biz Cell phone +7 905 545 34 14 (also via Viber and Whatsapp) Skype: ezykov

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Eugene Zykov.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Eugene Zykov.

Anirudh
    Participant

Hey Florence:
    This is Anirudh Thapliyal, a Delhi based Producer with 10 years of experience in documentary film production and Line production.
    I came across your post on forum where you mention you’re looking for fixer. I have a team of professionals who are capable to do the job. They all are well qualified and experienced.

We’ve worked with a lot of great brands and small businesses over the past 6 years, including National Geographic, Discovery Networks, BBC, Land Rover etc. . They’ve praised our work as exceptional .

You can check out some of of my work on IMDB.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5340217/

If you’re interested, I’d love to discuss more details.
    Kind regards,

Anirudh Thapliyal | Producer

E-mail: anirudht.tv@gmail.com
    Mob: +91 971-899-0889

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Anirudh.

Hello,Florence

I am Chidapha, live in Thailand. I am certain I can help you about prison in Thailand. I worked for documentary TV program for years and just started to be a fixer(I worked with STERN mag and BBC documentary FYI). The prison in Thailand already obtained your consideration I assumed.

If you are interested in, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further more.

nokchida@gmail.com
    nanokchida.com

Kim Bikila
    Participant

You are very welcome to shoot with us in the CONGO Rdc, in ITALY and in NEW ZEALAND.
    Absolutely and definitely, for what you’re looking for, the prison of CONGO is the first option. We can cover all 3 countries.
    Please email me: congo@malcolmxcasting.com or direction@malcolmxcasting.com
    Talk soon.
    Kim Bikila

Kim Bikila
    Participant

Merci Florence, thanks for your email, very appreciated. I replied too with a very explicit email:).
    Kim

Javed Aboobaker
    Participant

Hi Florence

We in South Africa have the most notorious female , male , juvenile prisons in the world which is shooting friendly and we can cheat any country especially the USA and we the most cost affective filming destination with hollywood crew and equipment please contact me on mindblowingproductions@gmail.com we can easily shoot all 8 jails for you.

Eric Sériès
    Participant

Dear,
    We have what you’re looking for in Madagascar :
    abandoned kids living in the streets, poverty, etc…all this kind of things leading straight to jail.
    Feel free to contact us if you’re interested.
    Regards,

Eric SÉRIÈS
    ZEBU FILMWORKS
    Producer
    Cell.: +261 32 86 00 535 (on whatsapp too)
    E-mail : contact.zfw@gmail.com

Juan Pablo Ortiz
    Participant

Hey Florence:

This is JP, a based Producer in Lima, Peru with experience in documentary film production and Line production.
    I came across your post on forum where you mention you’re looking for fixer. I have a team of professionals who are capable to do the job. They all are well qualified and experienced. We have a major Youth Detention Center here at Lima, Peru which we can get permission to shoot in.

We’ve worked with a lot of great brands and small businesses over the past 4 years, including National Geographic, Discovery Networks, UNIVISION, etc.

You can check out some of of our work:
    http://www.shootquantico.com

Feel free to email me at: jp.ortiz@shootquantico.com

Hope to hear back from you.

JP

Ruly Mahessa
    Participant

Hey Florence:
    My name is Ruly Mahessa an Indonesian based Producer and Fixer with more than 15 years of experience in documentary film production and Line production.
    I came across your post on forum where you mention you’re looking for fixer. I have a team of professionals who are capable to do the job. They all are well qualified and experienced.
    We have what you’re looking for in Indonesia :
    kids living in the streets, poverty, etc…all this kind of things leading straight to jail.
    Feel free to contact at us if you’re interested.
    Regards,

Ruly Mahessa
    mahessa@web.de
    +491756675529 (Whatsapp)

Kenya-TONY RIMWAH
    Participant

I am a filming fixer based in kenya, We have several juvenile prisons that would be interesting for your project.If you do, please email me ….

trimwah@yahoo.co.uk

David Bishop
    Participant

Hi there
    we can get you into the notorious jail called Angola which has a juvenile division, and are open to filming.Located in the southern part of the United States

David Bishop
    producer
    dbishop582@me.com

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]