Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Location suggestion needed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Anonymous
    Inactive

place with wind turbines
    desert
    place with solar panels
    a cat-walk like road path

please send ideas to vicki@thekitchen.com.hk
    thank you!!

Ibrahim Alturki
    Participant

Hi Vicki

Please check your inbox!

Morocco has all 4 locations available.

We are also authorized to film with drones if needed.

Let me what you think

Cheers!!
    Brahim
    Plan C productions
    Plan.c.filmproduction@gmail.com

Shane Nunn
    Participant

Linda, Supported two wind turbine documentaries in China and have done extensive location scouting all over the mainland. As It seems you may be based in Hong Kong you may have already eliminated Mainland China for very rational reasons, if you are still open to shooting here happy to give you some thoughts and photos:
    Inside China is installed 48.5 % of the world’s wind power and 45.8% of the the world’s solar, every province is required by law to make 35% of it’s power generation from renewable sources which means those wind turbines and solar farms are in every region of the country though yes there is a concentration in desert regions.
    If I take a guess that you would want to shoot in the next few months two regions come to mind: Heilan mountains in Ningxia near good transportation in Lanzhou. Beautiful jagged mountain range break with wind turbines filling a valley between, large solar farms nearby, good and interesting roads. Though it is winter it is dry cold without snow.
    Yunnan has good wind turbines on ridge tops in the Himalaya, Dali county is of note and large installed solar farms of which Shilin county with rolling hills and strange rocks is of note. The weather is good this time of year with clear blue skies and because of the altitude difference you can find everything from lush tropic to snow peaked mountains within a days or a short flight of each other. Yunnan has some of the coolest roads in China too though I admit to not knowing exactly what you mean by” catwalk path.”
    Update me on what you are doing, send an NDA if you need to, I’d love to help you put something together.
    Shane Nunn (山男) 8613818619991(DEC 5), wechat: billyshane, skype: billy-shane-nunn, or email: shane@gingerfilms.tv

CONGO FIXERS
    Participant

Kinshasa and Mbujimayi ( Cities in the CONGO) are surely your destination and your location. Please email us with more infos:
    congofixers@gmail.com

Ridha TURKI
    Participant

I can suggest : TUNISIA !
    All the productions shot in Tunisia had the best natural sets. Have faith in us to find you the adequate set.
    Please feel free to contact us :
    turkiazza2@gmail.com
    http://www.monastirfilms.com

Azza TURKI
    International Monastir Films Services.

Eugene Zykov
    Participant

Hi Vicki, I emailed you the photos from Kazakhstan, where I was a few months ago as a fixer for a production with a Singapore crew (you may read my story about this at my http://www.russianfilm.biz) Best regards, –
    Eugene Zykov, Russian Film Commission ez@russianfilm.biz

Hi Vicki,

Please google Kenya wind turbines (Images)

Regards

fixer tony rimwah

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Location suggestion needed’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]