Pre-production forum

Welcome to our pre-production forum where productions come to life!
Thousands of producers, location and production professionals worldwide use our free pre-production forum service to post location briefs and production requests of all descriptions.
Please feel free to post up your location and production needs and receive answers and advice from our global filmmaking community.

Please abide by the forum rules

TLG Home Forums Pre-Production Forum Looking for very wild river (wide and with rapids)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Lilli
    Participant

We are looking for a very wide river, possibly with a shallow bank, which is not in a canyon but in flat parts of the jungle or the low mountains. We need trees and other vegetation in the water because we count a river in flood, where the water ate the land in a natural environment.
    We need visible current, with waves and foam on the surface in the fast style. Better cloudy than clean.
    I can send more specific references if requested

Daniel Alvarez
    Participant

Hello Lilli, you can find that kind of location in Chile. Send me an Email with details and I’ll come back to you with comments.
    Best,
    Daniel Alvarez
    daniel@wone.la

Chad Parker
    Participant

Morning Lilli,

We have what you’re looking for (with various landscapes) here in the Pacific Northwest of the United States (Oregon and Washington). Happy to point you to the right location for your shoot.

-Chad Parker
    http://www.alwaysoutdoors.tv

Carlos Santiago
    Participant

Hi

I can help with various (and affordable) solutions in Brazil.
    Feel free to send more infos to (asap.fixer@gmail.com)

Cheers

Sean Nunis
    Participant

We have stage 1 to stage 4 rapids in Malaysia. Great scenery along the river. English speaking crew and unbeatable price for full production service. To know more pls call +60122895915 (whatsapp)

Chad Ozturk
    Participant

Hi Lilli, can you send me some references so I can check it if we have what you are looking for in Turkey. Thanks. chad (at) pandafilms (dot) net

Best,

Ç.

Kim Bikila
    Participant

Absolutely and definitely NEW ZEALAND.
    Do not hesitate to send us an email: italiankiwi.filmconnectionz@gmail.com
    Talk soon.
    Kim
    Italian-Kiwi Film ConnectioNZ

What we do

Mirta Jusic
    Participant

Hi Lilli, we can offer you a few locations in Croatia, Bosnia, and Montenegro. Croatian Locations Production Services offer high end location services and full production services in Croatia and other countries of former Yugoslavia.

Please send reference photos to:
    mirta.jusic.d(at)gmail.com

Best,

Mirta Jusic, Producer, Fixer, Line Producer
    http://www.croatianlocations.hr
    http://www.bosnianlocations.com

Dharmendra Singh
    Participant

Hi Lilli ,
    I would love to suggest you to shoot this in India. we are known to be nation of the river. we have here many many river . for more information please do not hesitate to contact me .

Regard
    Dharmendra singh
    +91 9833084766
    skype – dharmendra1232
    mail me – mindfilms@gmail.com
    http://www.mindfilmsindia.com

Javed Aboobaker
    Participant

Hi i have the most amazing river with incredible rapids which is often used for shooting with the best stunt teams in South Africa please contact me at mindblowingproductions@gmail.com

Bill Koske
    Participant

Hi Lilli,

The Nile River leaves Lake Victoria at Source of the Nile Jinja and flows north for some 130 kilometers (81 mi), to Lake Kyoga. The last part of the approximately 200 kilometers (120 mi) river section starts from the western shores of the lake and flows at first to the west until just south of Masindi Port, where the river turns north, then makes a great half circle to the east and north until Karuma Falls. For the remaining part it flows merely westerly through the Murchison Falls until it reaches the very northern shores of Lake Albert where it forms a significant river delta. The lake itself is on the border of DR Congo, but the Nile River is not a border river at this point. After leaving Lake Albert, the river continues north through Uganda and is known as the Albert Nile.
    The source of the Nile River is sometimes considered to be Lake Victoria, but the lake has feeder rivers of considerable size. The Kagera River, which flows into Lake Victoria near the Tanzanian town of Bukoba, is the longest feeder.
    Looking forward to hear from you.

Bill Koske
    Uganda
    bill@seamlessug.com/bildad.koske@gmail.com
    +256782737311

Jose Ignacio Paris
    Participant

Hola Lilli:

My name is José Ignacio París, we have a production company base in Costa Rica, were we have some of the best wild rivers with rapids. Actually this is the best season to do rapids.

This is our website: http://www.lcaproductions.com

Will be delighted to email you references of rivers.

Please sent me you email at jiparis@lcaproductions.com and will be happy to email you options.

Come to paradise & save 😉

Saludos,

José Ignacio
    Head of Production/ Partner
    LCA Productions

Daemon Hillin
    Participant

Hi Lilli,

You might want to check Thailand. Thailand is well known among its beautiful landscapes and natural resources.

If you need more information about Thailand, this is our website: https://benetonefilms.com/

Cheers!

Hi Lilli,

Asquare Films India Productions is a fully integrated management and production company, producing films, documentaries, advertisements, corporate films, event shoots, testimonial shoots and fiction/non-fiction films. Based in New Delhi, India, Asquare Films India Productions is led by a dynamic group of Producers, Directors, Fixers, Directors of Photography, Sound Recordists, Production Managers and Coordinators, with years of experience in working with both national and international clients. By combining the production and creative process, Asquare Films India serves as the one-stop-shop providing end-to-end solutions for each and every shoot. From arranging filming and location clearances to securing crew and production supplies all over India, the team believes in putting its best foot forward in any situation even if this means shooting on toughest of locations under harshest possible conditions. Over the past few years our team members have built a reputation within the industry for creating and visualising innovative and original content for reputed clients like Al Arabiya TV – Dubai, Walmart-USA, Solar PV TV, Samsung – Sweden, BBC, NGC, Discovery Networks, European Union, Overseas Adventure Travels, among many others.

India has diversity in it’s geographical features. Please share more details. If you are interested in, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further more @ asquarefilmsindiaproductions@gmail.com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Looking for very wild river (wide and with rapids)’ is closed to new replies.
  • You must be logged in to create new topics.

The Location Guide - Forum rules

• Use of the forum is free. You must however agree to abide by the following rules:
  • All messages express the views of the author, and not of The Location Guide;
  • The Location Guide team will try to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, but cannot be held responsible for the content of any message;
  • In using this forum, you promise not to post any messages that are abusive, hateful, obscene, sexually-oriented, defamatory, threatening, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any laws;
  • The Location Guide team reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or post for any reason;
  • We may also remove messages that are not related to the topic of discussion, or are otherwise inappropriate;
  • Messages that directly sell or market your company's products or services will be removed;
  • Spamming is forbidden. This includes chain letters and advertisements;
  • Spamming or repeated posting of objectionable messages will result in termination of your access to this forum and the whole of The Location Guide's website.

[s]