Dedicated studio facilities a possibility for Savannah in Georgia
Officials in Savannah, Georgia, are discussing the possibility of developing large-scale studio facilities in the city, according to savannahnow.com. Lower-budget productions of up to USD10 million could be successful when combined with the state’s filming incentive.
I think [a studio's] something that needs to be explored. We can make ourselves much more attractive. It makes us more of a film market.
Van Johnson, Savannah Alderman
Savannah Alderman Van Johnson spoke to the outlet: “I think it’s something that needs to be explored. We can make ourselves much more attractive. It makes us more of a film market.”
Georgia production is generally focussed on the state capital, Atlanta. The Mayor of Atlanta recently caused controversy by announcing plans to launch a dedicated and potentially lucrative film office in the city. Local film professionals argue it will create bureaucracy that will put off out-of-state productions.
Global Filming Incentive - United States of America (see more…)
- North Miami Film Incentive
- Miami-Dade County Production Incentive Programme
- Kansas City Rebate Incentive
- Virginia Motion Picture Tax Credit
- Wyoming: Film Industry Financial Incentive (FIFI) Program
- West Virginia Film Industry Investment Act
- Washington DC: Rebates
- The Washington Motion Picture Competitiveness Programme
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments