Colorado pushes to increase state location filming incentive
Lawmakers in Colorado are pushing to double the state’s existing filming incentive. At the moment out-of-state filmmakers can access a 10% cash rebate when they spend at least USD250,000, but this figure is clearly a lot less than what’s on offer in other states.
We need to continue that incentivising to make sure they stay here. I'm here to say, ‘Don't go to Kansas.'
Nancy Todd, Democratic Representative in Colorado
Nancy Todd is Colorado’s Democratic Representative and spoke to Associated Press: “We need to continue that incentivising to make sure they stay here. I'm here to say, ‘Don't go to Kansas.’”
It will take time for Colorado to build a profile as a serious filming contender, especially with New Mexico to the south, but doubling its incentive programme would be a positive move.
Global Filming Incentive - United States of America (see more…)
- North Miami Film Incentive
- Miami-Dade County Production Incentive Programme
- Kansas City Rebate Incentive
- Virginia Motion Picture Tax Credit
- Wyoming: Film Industry Financial Incentive (FIFI) Program
- West Virginia Film Industry Investment Act
- Washington DC: Rebates
- The Washington Motion Picture Competitiveness Programme
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments