James Franco brings William Faulkner directorial project to Mississippi
Actor and filmmaker James Franco will be working on a new feature project at Mississippi Film Studios in Canton. The feature, Faulkner adaptation As I Lay Dying, will be based at the studios that span 31 acres and feature a 36,000-foot sound stage.
Jeremy Hariton markets and operates Mississippi Film Studios through RoadTown Enterprises: “Canton's capacity to accommodate film production makes it ideal for projects like this. You can do a film like As I Lay Dying that has a small budget and a big story because there are so many people in Mississippi willing to help.”
The film will be an adaptation of the William Faulkner novel, set in Mississippi. Filmmakers shooting in the state can access a filming incentive worth up to 30% of the production spend.
Global Filming Incentive - United States of America (see more…)
- North Miami Film Incentive
- Miami-Dade County Production Incentive Programme
- Kansas City Rebate Incentive
- Virginia Motion Picture Tax Credit
- Wyoming: Film Industry Financial Incentive (FIFI) Program
- West Virginia Film Industry Investment Act
- Washington DC: Rebates
- The Washington Motion Picture Competitiveness Programme
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments