Baywatch reboot begins filming on location in Miami
The reboot of the iconic 1980s American television show Baywatch has begun filming on location in Miami Beach, Florida. While the original series made stars of both David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson, the upcoming film will feature the established talent of Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron, with Seth Gordon directing.
Johnson took to Instagram to detail the production’s filming: “great day on the beach for Lieutenant Mitch Buchannon. Beat up bad guys, saved a puppy from drowning and gave a woman mouth to mouth, who I think totally pretended to drown so I'd save her.”
It was initially believed that the production would film exclusively in Georgia, but it now appears as though filming will move to Broward County and then Savannah, after the Miami scenes are completed.
With regards to film incentives, Florida and Georgia represent complete opposites of the spectrum. Despite having an incentive programme in operation which offers up to 30% back in transferable tax credits, Florida’s system has already allocated all of its funding, rendering it effectively useless. There are efforts currently being made to renegotiate the state’s incentives programme before it expires on July 1st 2016.
Georgia on the other hand maintains an incentives system that also offers 30% in tax credits and has benefited significantly from it. Georgia is currently one of the most popular states for filming within the US, in close competition with California, New Mexico and New York. Recent productions to have filmed on location within the state include The Hunger Games series and crime drama Triple 9.
Directory - Florida (see more…)
- Miami-Dade Office Of Film & Entertainment
- Indian River County
- Destin-Fort Walton Beach Film Commission
- Greater Fort Lauderdale/ Broward Office of Film, Music & Enterta
- St Petersburg Clearwater Film Commission
- Paradise Coast Film Commission
- Shoot Collective
- psychic readings +27739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in tembisa/midrand/randburg/sandton/fourways/cosmocity/johanesburg/pretoria
Global Filming Incentive - United States of America (see more…)
- North Miami Film Incentive
- Miami-Dade County Production Incentive Programme
- Kansas City Rebate Incentive
- Virginia Motion Picture Tax Credit
- Wyoming: Film Industry Financial Incentive (FIFI) Program
- West Virginia Film Industry Investment Act
- Washington DC: Rebates
- The Washington Motion Picture Competitiveness Programme
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments