Hunter S. Thompson biopic Freak Power receives USD300,000 to shoot in Colorado
Based on the short-lived political career of Hunter S. Thompson, Bobby Kennedy III’s directorial debut Freak Power has received a rebate of USD300,000 to shoot in Colorado. The production will be scouting a number of local towns to double for 1970s Aspen, such as Silverton, Durango, Leadville and Gunnison.
In describing his passion for the project, Kennedy explained: “we have a pretty good chance in this current political environment of making the point that we need some sort of shake-up, and Hunter tried to make this point in Aspen in 1970 by running this wild campaign.”
He continues: “because of my longstanding relationships (in Aspen) we’re going to pull on a few favours here and there… I wouldn’t want to go to Canada with this. I think it would ruin the spirit.”
Operating on a small budget of USD1.85 million, Freak Power will begin filming in June 2017 and is expected to create close to 200 new jobs for local creatives.
Colorado currently offers a tax rebate of up to 20% for productions that incur a minimum local spend of USD100,000. At least 50% of cast and crew must be comprised of local talent in order to qualify for the incentive.
The last big-budget feature film to shoot in the state was Fast & Furious 7, using locations such as Teller County and Woodland Park. Other projects hosted in Colorado include The Lone Ranger and A Million Ways to Die in the West.
Directory - Colorado (see more…)
- Glenwood Springs Film Commission
- New Chapter Solutions / Deb Daufeldt, LPC, NCC
- psychic readings +27739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in tembisa/midrand/randburg/sandton/fourways/cosmocity/johanesburg/pretoria
- psychic readings +27739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in springs/benoni/boksburg/brakpan/germiston/kemptonpark/alberton/edenvale
- psychic readings +27739143863 lost love spells in u.s.a/dubai/u.k/australia/canada
- Cobalt Creek Property Management
- Creator Mundi
- Craftech Roofing
Global Filming Incentive - United States of America (see more…)
- North Miami Film Incentive
- Miami-Dade County Production Incentive Programme
- Kansas City Rebate Incentive
- Virginia Motion Picture Tax Credit
- Wyoming: Film Industry Financial Incentive (FIFI) Program
- West Virginia Film Industry Investment Act
- Washington DC: Rebates
- The Washington Motion Picture Competitiveness Programme
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments