All-star UK jury announced for Gerety Awards 2022
A star-studded line-up of leading businesswomen will represent the UK as part of 2022’s Gerety Awards Grand Jury. Named after copywriter Frances Gerety (who coined the iconic De Beers slogan: “A diamond is forever”) the awards ceremony celebrates the best women in advertising and marketing. UK representatives on this year’s jury include: Chaka Sobhani, global chief creative officer at Leo Burnett Worldwide, and Imali Hettiarachchi, global brand strategist at the LEGO Group.
“Past winners are a testament to the Gerety juries: from this year’s Grand Prix for Festive Burberry to the Moldy Whopper from 2020,” says Gerety Awards co-founder Lucía Ongay. “Empowering work is also rewarded like Viva La Vulva, the Grand Prix winner from 2019, and it would be fair to say there is no jury more qualified to impress than Gerety when it comes to recognising such work.”
The Gerety Awards brings together a special jury to commend all forms of advertising, not just advertising made for women. Crucially, the jury analyses nominations through a female lens, challenging some of the problematic standards by which the advertising sphere has traditionally defined itself.
This year, Sobhani and Hettierarchchi will be joined by:
- Madonna Badger, Chief Creative Officer, Badger & Winters, USA
- Zara Mirza, Head of Global Marketing, GE, USA
- Tanja Grubner, Global Marketing & Communications Director, Essity, Germany
- Jung A Kim, Worldwide Executive Creative Director, Innocean Worldwide, South Korea
- Khensani Nobanda, Executive Head of Group Marketing, Nedbank, South Africa
- Denise Rossetto, Partner & Chief Creative Officer, Broken Heart Love Affair, Canada
- Jean Lin, Executive Officer, dentsu Group Inc. & Global CEO, Creative, dentsu International, China
- Tara Ford, Chief Creative Officer, The Monkeys, Sydney & Board Member of the Advertising Council of Australia
- Natalia Baidala, Director of Integrated Marketing & Communications, Ukraine & Moldova, Mastercard Europe S.A., Ukraine
The full jury will be announced in January. In the meantime, agencies, production companies and advertisers are invited to visit the Gerety website to learn more about the jury and download the 2022 entry kit.
Not Logged in
You must be logged in to post a comment
There are no comments