|Benefit as a % of spend||25.00|
|Financial cap per production||5000000|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?||Yes|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| Yes|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| No|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
- - Minimum percentage of the film that must be shot in the region: 51.00%
- - Minimum spend 100000 (in local currency)
- - TV Broadcast or theatrical distribution contract required
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On submission of audited accounts
- - State approx. number of months after completion of audited accounts
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - There are no salary caps, but there is a $5 million project cap, which can and will be waived for qualifying motion picture and TV productions.
Total production budget must exceed $100,000.
For documentaries, a minimum of 51% of the principal photography must be shot on the ground in Rhode Island, or 51% of final production budget provided 5 different personnel are employed.
$15M annual cap.