|Benefit as a % of spend||25.00|
|Financial cap per production||-|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?||Yes|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| Yes|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| Yes|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| Yes|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
- - Minimum percentage of the film that must be shot in the region: 0.00%
- - Use Local cast & Crew
- - Cultural Test
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On commencement of principal photography
- - On completion of principal photography
- - On submission of audited accounts
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - - Co-productions and service productions the possible grant is up to 25% of the eligible production costs, for national projects 20%.
-Incentive is a non-repayable grant and the following conditions apply:
- Eligible are persons/companies with residence or business location in Austria.
- Fulfillment of cultural, creative, and technical criteria (“Cultural Test“).
- Production budget minimum for national and co-productions: 2.3 million Euro for fiction, 350,000 Euro for documentaries
- Production budget minimum for service productions: 4 million Euro for fiction, 500.000 Euro for documentary.
- Minimum spend for fiction in Austria 400.000 Euro.
- Minimum of 5 shooting days in Austria required for fiction co-productions.
- Length of production: a minimum of 79 minutes for movies and documentaries, 59 minutes for children’s films.
- Grant amount: a maximum of 25% of eligible Austrian production expenses (a maximum EUR1.125 million - 15% of the annual grant total).
- The grant can be combined with financial support from other institutions.