|Benefit as a % of spend|
|Financial cap per production||700000|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?||Yes|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| Yes|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| Yes|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
- - Use Local cast & Crew
- - Cultural Test
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On commencement of principal photography
- - On completion of principal photography
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - Armed forces assistance for historic/war productions
- - Free use of buidings/facilities/services within jurisdiction
- - For shooting in Vienna, “Vienna Film Commission” supports production companies in looking for suitable locations and service partners within the industry in Vienna and helps with film permits. “Location Austria” supports shooting in Austria.
National production companies or companies within the European Economic Area can apply. If funded, a local subsidiary has to be set up.
100% of the funding must be spent locally.
The funding is selective due to a cultural test. The amount depends on the individual financing plan.