|Benefit as a % of spend|
|Financial cap per production|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?||Yes|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| Yes|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| Yes|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On commencement of principal photography
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - As a rule, the loan for film will not exceed 50% of the applicant’s share of the budget, up to a maximum of 1 mill. Euros if production budget is over 500,000 Euros. For productions with budget under 500,000 Euros the loan can cover up to 70%.
For TV, the loan should not exceed 30% of the applicant’s share of the budget.
This incentive is a recoupable loan.
The following will have funding priority:
- culturally significant films of diverse genres
- film productions that significantly contribute to advancing the film industry in
- culturally significant television and video productions.
The production will meet the needs of a regional economic effect.
The loan will be received in 4 rates: 1st on signing the contract (20%), 2nd beginning of filming (50%), 3rd on delivery of rough cut (20%) and 4th on delivery of finished film (10%).