|Benefit as a % of spend||50.00|
|Financial cap per production||150000|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?||No|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| No|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| Yes|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
- - TV Broadcast or theatrical distribution contract required
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On commencement of principal photography
- - On submission of audited accounts
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - VAT / GST /Sales Tax recoverable
- - Rece tour assistance, location finding service
- - The incentive grants up to 50% of eligible expenditure and is available to selected film projects.
There's a financial cap and it depends on annual budget.
80% of the production budget needs to be in place.
Producers can take advantage of VAT return programme - 10-20%.
Austrian co-producer is not required to apply for the incentive.
Documentaries with strong thematic relations to the Tirol are eligible and might be considered under exceptional funding conditions.
NB Main grant criteria include the economic effect of the production on the region (‘Tirol Effect‘) and the thematic relation of the production to the region (‘Tirol Reference‘).
Incentive payments are split - 30% on commencement, 50% on submission of acocunts & proof of 'Tirol effect', 20% on first broadcast/film premiere.