|Benefit as a % of spend||40.00|
|Financial cap per production||-|
|Do I have to register/set up a company?||No|
|Does foreign cast/crew paid in their home country/region qualify as expenditure?|| No|
|Do foreign cast/crew have to pay tax in the host country/state/region?|| Yes|
|Does travel to/from country/region qualify as expenditure?|| Yes|
|Can a production qualify for other national incentives such as cultural programmes if it qualifies for this incentive?|| No|
|Criteria to access the benefit|
- - Minimum spend 100000 (in local currency)
- - TV Broadcast or theatrical distribution contract required
|When will the benefit/incentive be received?|
- - On submission of audited accounts
- - State approx. number of months after completion of audited accounts
|Additional incentives or advantages|
- - Free use of buidings/facilities/services within jurisdiction
- - The incentive is received 31 days after the final audit. The production may request an advance payment of the tax credits by placing a bond for the face value of the 50% of the tax credit reserved, at the time of the issuance of the tax grant or upon certification of the auditor that 50% or more of your Puerto Rico budget has been disbursed.
Payment exemption from the government hotel room tax, 9% hotels without casino and 11% hotels with a casino.
You don't have to register a company in Puerto Rico but it will make the auditing much easier, especially if you are filming a percentage outside of Puerto Rico.
A $100,000 minimum spend of money paid to local residents (individual, companies, etc.) per project.
A $50,000 minimum spend of money paid to local residents (individual, companies, etc.) per project for short films.
Production can benefit from 40% of money paid to local residents (individual, companies, etc.) and 20% to qualified non-resident individuals.